As a kid, the closest you probably got to banking was handling colorful bills of Monopoly money. Saint Andrew School students are getting a lot closer to the real thing. Each Thursday, the students are able to deposit money in to a REAL Account in a REAL Bank in the school.
Saint Andrew School is the only School in Pennsylvania with a bank INSIDE the school.
Upper School students interview for position as a teller in The First National Bank of Newtown for the school year. The positions are filled and students are trained to become a real teller. Students interact with students at the bank, making it a learning experience for everyone.
BANKER OF THE WEEK
Banker of the Week is Awarded each week by the Administration. Students are honored in the Daily Announcements and receive a small gift to encourage saving and working towards their financial goals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who runs the bank in the school?
- The bank is run by a First National Bank employee and 7th and 8th grade student tellers.
- How do I set up a Student Account?
- Download the BankAccountApplication and bring it in to school during the first 2 weeks.
- How does my child apply to work in the bank?
- Student tellers apply in the spring of 6th grade by filling out an application. There are interviews done by the bank employees.
- Can I see my student's account online?
- Yes. The student bank account is treated like any other bank account that has online access.
- How do I transfer my student's bank account after they graduate?
- The student bank account is a regular bank account and stays in your name. Transfers are made the same way you transfer any other account. You may also maintain the account after your student graduates.